Our commitment to working with you.
If you have “high deductible” health insurance, here is information that can save you money:
- The “deductible” is the amount you have to pay out of pocket.
- The exam cost, and the deductible/out of pocket cost varies greatly between imaging providers.
- You can choose where you want your Radiology exams performed. Why spend more for the same quality service?
- Sam’s deductible is $5,000. His Lumbar MRI at the local hospital based center costs $3,500, which he pays out of pocket.
- Paul’s deductible is $5,000. His Lumbar MRI at Guilford Radiology costs $1,000 which he pays out of pocket.
So, Sam & Paul both had high field strength MRIs, read by Board Certified Radiologists. Sam paid $3,500 and Paul paid $1,000. Paul saved $2,500, and will use it for a fishing trip in the summer. Sam wasted $2,500.
- Melissa’s deductible is $5,000. Her screening mammogram at the local hospital based center has no deductible, since Connecticut doesn’t allow deductibles to be charged for screening mammograms. However, an abnormality is detected, and she is called back for a diagnostic mammogram and a breast ultrasound, which have deductibles, like other exams, and cost $2,300, which Melissa had to pay out of pocket. She wasn’t happy.
- Barbara’s deductible is $5,000. Her screening mammogram also had no deductible at Guilford Radiology. However, when Barbara was called back for a diagnostic mammogram and a breast ultrasound, it cost her $647, which she paid out of pocket.
So, Barbara had her diagnostic mammogram and breast ultrasound in the comfortable, private setting of Guilford Radiology, performed by our experienced mammographers and sonographers, read by our Board Certified experienced Radiologists, and saved $1,653. The Radiologist at Guilford Radiology personally spoke to Barbara and explained the results, and Barbara feels confident and content with the personalized service she received at Guilford Radiology.
If you have no health insurance, (or don’t want to use your health insurance coverage) here is information that can save you money:
- Pay at the time of service with a credit card, check or cash and we will reduce our already low rates by 50%.