Prostate Screening Exam
Early Detection Saves Lives.
This includes early detection of Prostate Cancer.
In Connecticut Men, Prostate Cancer is:
- The most commonly diagnosed cancer.
- The 2nd leading cause of cancer death.
- 60% higher in Black Men than White Men.
Talk to your doctor and get a yearly PSA Test beginning at:
- Age 45: Black Men & Men with a Family History of Prostate Cancer
- Age 50: All other Men
If your PSA is elevated, get a Prostate MRI.
- MRI is the only imaging exam that can screen for prostate cancer.
- Prostate MRI is non-invasive, safe and painless test.
- Most insurance companies will cover a prostate MRI, check with your provider for plan covrage.
- Although many men have normal exams and don't need a biopsy, if the MRI shows a suspicious area, that area can be directly biopsied.
Our Radiologists at Guilford Radiology have been reading and performing Prostate MRI for years. Guilford Radiology also has a top-of-the-line MRI scanner and the advanced software to provide the best quality images.
Be assured if your doctor orders a prostate MRI exam, the staff and readiologists at Guilford Radiology will provide you with the best care and results.
cancer in connecticut
CANCER IN CONNECTICUT CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH 1 Acknowledgements This report is dedicated to all onnecticut residents whose lives are touched by cancer.